Pierre Tardieu is a part-time worker living in an old house with his sick father. No one is aware of his existence. Pierre is a serial killer. His victims are ordinary people with ordinary lives. Men and women living, working and suffering side by side but never really together, forming a crowd lost in a big city.
CRUEL is the story of a man who has grown up poorly, of a woman who could have saved him and of a city that is an invisible prison.
CRUEL is a «film noir» but above all, there is a dialogue from William Holden in The Wild Bunch by Sam Peckinpah, which is the soul of the film: «’We all want to be children again, even the worst of us ... especially the worst of us. «
This is really where was born CRUEL, with its character of melancholic serial killer, pursued by the child he once was.
- Eric Cherrière
Eric Cherriere was born in Brive in 1974. After studying philosophy and audiovisual (ESAV), he made short films distributed by Studio Canal and Seven 7 (John 32, The Black Hand). And documentary films devoted to Brian Yuzna ("Hell and Gore"), Remi Julienne ("Profession stuntman"), the monster movies of Paul Nashy ("A Yeti in the Pyrenees"). Spanish Western ("Aragon, land of western") and Italian Western ("Red Western"). Follow many historical documentaries broadcasted by France Television. Eric Cherriere has also written two crime novels: "Miss Chance" and "I do not like you" published by Editions du Cherche Midi and critically acclaimed. In 2012, "I do not like you" won the award for best crime novel of Prison de la Santé. CRUEL is his first feature film.
- Busan International Film Festival (2014)
- Hof Filmtage International Film Festival Germany (2014)
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival (2014) International Competition
- Festival International du Film Policier de Beaune (2014)
- Cyprus Film Days (2015) International Competition
- Hong Kong International Film Festival (2015)
- Rome Independent Film Festival (2015) Official Competition
- California La Costa Film Festival (2015)
- Cinematik International Film Festival Piestany (2015)
- Cambridge Film Festival (2015) Late at Night section
- Montreal Fantasia Film Festival (2015)
- Armenia Yerevan International Film Festival (2015) Golden Apricot